- Cycling the Thames and Canals and Cycling Holidays
- Family Walks From Points Near The River Thames
- Journeys with a Purpose - Runnymede and Goring
- The Thames Path - a long distance national trail
- Walking the Thames in London
- Walks Near the Thames - Windsor and Hampton Court
- Gentle Strolls Along the River
This section has been written by Jeannette Briggs based on her many years experience of walking and boating on the Thames She also has run a cub pack for several years so knows a thing or two about walks for all ages!
England.s best known river offers many golden opportunities for enjoying a gentle afternoon stroll, a bike ride, or a serious walk with map and compass, or even a full-scale trek lasting several days. The River Thames passes through rich and contrasting countryside on its 215-mile journey from the Cotswolds to the sea at Southend.
For most of its length the River Thames is easy to reach by train, bus or boat, and is a unique resource for walkers and cyclists of all ages and abilities.
Whether you are thinking of a seriously challenging weekend out, or just contemplating a gentle stroll with the children and your dog, The River Thames provides the perfect location for some memorable walks and bike rides. To whet your appetite we suggest a few routes and locations on the following pages of this section of The River Thames Guide.
Diagrammatic maps reproduced by courtesy of Tourism South East whose brochures can be downloaded from their own website or a copy ordered on visitsoutheastengland.com.